I AMSeries: I AM - Jesus in the Book of John
1. What is the purpose of the gospel of John (John 20:30-31)?
2. What promise does Jesus make (John 8:51)?
3. What great men in Jewish history are dead (John 8:52)?
4. Who would Jesus have to be in order to have authority over death (John 8:53)?
5. Rather than Jesus taking this honor/authority on Himself, who gives Him this honor (John 8:54-55)?
6. What does Abraham see (John 8:56)?
7. The Jews ask a good question. How old would Jesus need to be in order to have seen Abraham (John 8:57)?
8. What is Jesus' answer (John 8:58)?
- A. How old does this make Jesus?
- B. What is the connection with Exodus 3:14?
9. How do the Jews who heard this claim react and why (John 8:59)?
10. Put this claim of Jesus, “I AM" in your own words.
11. How does this truth help form your concept of Jesus as the Son of God?