Paul Before the CouncilSeries: Activities of the Apostles
Bible References: Acts 23:1-11
- What is Paul's opening statement? Why did it bring the response that it did from the High Priest?
- What did Paul mean when he called the High Priest a, "whited wall?" Do you remember anywhere else in the scriptures that gives this kind of reference?
- What caused Paul to shift gears so quickly in verse 5? What does this prove again to us about Paul?
- What is this special council of Pharisees and Saducees called? What was the biggest difference between the two halves?
- How did Paul use this to his advantage? What strategy is he using here? Does it work?
- Does Paul oversimply his work in verse 6? Why did he choose to highlight this part of the gospel message?
- Did anyone in the council side with Paul's position? What affirmation do we have as proof?
- Did this bring about a peaceful verdict? How tense did the situation get?
- What was the chief captain afraid was going to happen? Were his actions consistent with the previous altercation?
- What does the Lord share with Paul? What affect do you think this had on Paul's spirit?