A Conspiracy to Kill PaulSeries: Activities of the Apostles
Bible Reference: Acts 23:12-35
- How zealous were the Jews in planning to silence Paul? Was this a plot of just one or two madmen? Do you suppose they eventually broke their vow?
- Was Paul able to relate to this level of zeal? If so, how?
- Who all was in on this plot? Does this seem desperate? Why not just refute Paul with their law at customs and prove Paul guilty?
- Who might we say is a hero in this story?
- Why did the chief captain want to keep his knowledge a secret? How many men did he make ready?
- Where did they send Paul?
- Does Claudius Lysias, the chief captain, recount the previous events accurately in his letter to Governor Felix? What specifically is left out, and why?
- Who else was the captain sending to Felix?
- What province was Paul from? What city did he say he was born in?
- Did they judge Paul upon his arrival to the governor? How does this play into God's greater plan for Paul's testimony for Christ?