Then What Advantage Has the Jew?Series: God-Shaped Obedience of Faith: A Textual Study of Paul's Letter to the Romans
Bible Reference: Romans 3:1-20
- Why do we find it so tempting and natural to immediately ask questions in an attempt to justidy ourselves when we feel threatened or condemned?
- How have you seen others respond to this?
- How have you responded in this way?
- What are "the oracles of God?"
- What can we learn about oracles from Acts 7:37-38, Hebrews 5:11-14, and 1 Peter 4:7-11?
- What does Paul mean as he emphasizes, "Let God be true through every one were a liar." in Romans 3:3?
- In your own words, what were some people slanderously charging Paul as saying, in Romans 3:7-8?
- Why are the following statements not only false sentiments, but very deadly and destructive lies to believe? "Our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God! Through my lie God's truth abounds to His glory!"
- In what way does the law stop every mouth?
- "Through the law comes knowledge of sin," per Romans 3:20. What does this mean? Can you illustrate the principle using an everyday example?