At Laurel Canyon, we have clear objectives that are deeply rooted in the pages of God's Word. Our aim is to serve and glorify our Creator by:
- Worshiping Him in spirit and truth (John 4:24)
- Providing a family atmosphere of spiritual sharing, love, and unity (Acts 2:42-47)
- Nurturing and supporting each member of our spiritual family (1 Cor 12:12-31)
- Growing together towards spiritual maturity (Eph 4:11-16)
- Living God-centered lives of good influence in all we say and do (Matt 5:13-16)
- Sharing the good news of Jesus from hearts of love and lives of service (Matt 28:18-20)
These principles form the core of what we stand for and are striving to accomplish.
Much of what is passed off today as "Christianity" is neither Christ-centered, nor pleasing to God. The church has been reduced in many places to little more than a social club, political action committee, or welfare society. We believe that the Lord has given a blueprint for His church (2 Tim 1:13). We take His authoritative will seriously and are committed to abiding by the words of Colossians 3:17. We're dedicated to growing in our understanding of the simple pattern for New Testament Christianity and modeling it in 21st-century central Ohio.
If you're looking for a group of Christians who are serious about studying the Bible, caring for one another, and passing the "good news" of Jesus along to future generations, you'll find a home with the Laurel Canyon church of Christ.
We hope you find useful resources here, not only to better understand who we are, but to grow in your journey with the One who created you. We would welcome you at any of our assemblies and would love the opportunity to get to know you better.