Paul & Apollos Work in EphesusSeries: Activities of the Apostles
Bible Reading: Acts 18:19-28
- What new helpers does Paul bring along his journey to Ephesus? Did he have to doubt their effectiveness as helpers?
- What effective teaching element do we see Paul implement when arriving at Ephesus?
- When teaching in the Synagogue, did they oppose Paul as so many had done in earlier efforts? What other group of Jews gave this same sort of response?
- Does Paul's response to them seem odd considering his usual behavior? Discuss why he may have given this response.
- Does this response help teach the brethren anything new? What assurance did he offer when he left?
- What ability did Apollos have? Did he come to help or hinder the work of Paul and his companions?
- Was his style in part, or in whole like Paul?
- What was Apollos lacking? How was this addressed? What do we learn from this interaction?
- Did this have a negative effect on Apollos? What other work do we hear of him doing?
- As the chapter closes how is Apollos' work described?