Sailing Towards RomeSeries: Activities of the Apostles
Bible Reference: Acts 27:1-13
- Who was with Paul on his journey to Rome? Do we read of this man elsewhere in Acts, or in any other scripture?
- How was Paul treated by Julius? What did Julius allow Paul to do? Consider that Julius may have been one of the prominent men to witness Paul's defense before Agrippa.
- Could this have been a time that Paul could have tried to escape? Why do you think he did not?
- What were the sailing conditions of the trip thus far?
- What time of year is it when it mentions, "the fast was already now passed?" What is said of sailing after this time?
- Where are they at this point (Acts 27:8) and why do they not stay there?
- Where were they trying to get to? Was this a long trip?
- What does Paul perceive at this point in the trip? Who does he share this with? Does this make a difference? What is a time I remember ignoring sound advice?
- How much experience did Paul have on the seas?
- Was Paul familiar with Crete?