A Life of Faith
Introduction: In our Christian lives we often talk about having faith, growing in faith, or acting on faith as we live before God. Our faith is certainly an overall concept; it is our "standing ground." (Heb. 11:1) But how we live a life of faith is played out in day to day things. Our work, our heart, and our motivation do the bidding of the Lord is shown by how strongly we will embrace a real life of faith, and what we are willing o do for the cause of our Creator.
1. God is looking for a sincere effort from us as we live before Him (Col. 3:23-24; Rom. 12:4-8)
2. Think of the people of God who have gone before us. What did God ask of them?
- Working to keep your family on the right path. (Job 1:1-5; Deut. 6:6-9)
- Develop a heart of hospitality (Gen 18:1-8; 1 Kings 17:8-15)
- Be fully invested in the word of the Lord (Deut. 17:18-20; Ex. 34:1-4, 27-28)
- Prepared for the difficult things because you trust God (Heb. 11:8-13; Gen. 22:1-10; Numbers 28 & 29)
- Willing to accept God's judgment in a matter (Deut. 3:23-29; Job 1:20-22, 2:9-10; 2 Cor. 12:7-9)