1 Corinthians 11:2-16 - To Cover or Not to Cover?
Key Points to Consider:
- A universal principle is certainly in effect (11:3, 7-12)
- Yet, context helps us clear up some simple misunderstandings (11:4)
- Paul's argument considers cultural opinion (11:6, 13)
- Paul's Conclusion is a key to understanding (11:14-16)
Applications to Consider:
- There are universal principles which are displayed through a variety of cultural customs.
- Do not turn a personal judgment into a divisive issue among one another.
- Respect godly, cultural norms so as not to ruin our influence.