WHY IS BAPTISM?
Let’s look together and see what the Bible has to say about the NECESSITY of
baptism in the life of someone striving for heaven.
In 1 Peter 3:21 baptism is compared to the flood of Genesis 7 in that saved Noah and his family.
It is said that baptism now ________ _______.
Some have no idea of the real danger of sin in general. More specifically the sin in their own
lives that they will have to give an answer for! See 2 Corinthians 5:10:
“For ___ must ______ appear before the _______________ ________ of Christ, so that each one may receive what is ______ for what he has _______ ___ ______ ________, whether _______ or _______.
• We are ALL guilty of sin: Romans 3:23
• Sin separates us from God: Isaiah 59:1-2
• We MUST guard our hearts!: Proverbs 4:23
What did Peter tell to those present to do once they were convicted of their sin against the Son of God? (Ref. Acts 2:38)
“Peter said to them, _____________ and be ____________ every one of you!”
But why baptism?
Baptism is where the sinner contacts the symbolic and powerful blood of Christ which cleanses
us from all sin!
• -Mt. 26:28 & Acts 2:28 connects the blood of Christ with baptism for forgiveness of sins
• -Rom 5:10 & 6:3 connects the blood of Christ with baptism for reconciliation
• -Rev. 1:5 & Acts 22:16 connects the blood of Christ with baptism for cleansing of sin
• -Rom5:9 & Mk. 16:16 connects the blood of Christ and baptism for SALVATION!
ARE YOU WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB?